Faye Elaine Johnson Peterson ----April 6, 1917--May 23, 2009
George Peter Peterson----------- May 20, 1914-- May 20, 2009
*Married in the Logan Temple July 26, 1935
(pictures from last Oct.)
My witty, strong, hard working Grandpa passed away last Thursday. The day after he turned 95 years old. He was an amazing man filled with lots of laughs and love. Three days later my sweet, kind, charitable, loving Grandma joined him. I have never known a greater love than theirs. They are and forever will be a part of me. I feel so lucky that I grew up across the street from them and then lived with them through high school. I miss them terribly already but know they are both in a much happier place and more important they are together. It is only by a tender mercy from above that they could pass so close together. I can only imagine their beautiful welcome on the other side.
I was able to go to Utah and spend a week with my family last week. It was a wonderful week (aside from Belle being sick the whole time). I drove my mom around as she helped prepare for the funerals, do Grandmas hair, and pick out Grandmas temple dress. I got to hold my moms hand and put my arms around her and tell her everything was going to be alright. It's usually the other way around but felt so good to be able to do it for her for a change. It was so nice to be with my family. It was the first time in many years that all my siblings were together. The love I felt last week was indescribable as we all bonded together to grieve for our loss. One may say that it might not be so heartbreaking because they had lived such long lives and that they went together. But it is still so hard to lose someone who you are so close to. It breaks my heart that I will never get to play another game with my Grandpa or eat my Grandmas fresh bread and oatmeal cookies again. I will never in this life have their arms wrapped around me. It really makes me want to do all I can so that I can be with them again. I had the opportunity to speak at their funeral in Idaho. I was shocked and so afraid when I was first asked. My cousin Kim was asked to speak also. We decided to do it together and instead of doing a history we did a big memoir. Thanks to Wendi's help and her beautiful writing it was perfect. It was very healing for me to go through all the wonderful memories I have of them and speak of them. Kim and I stood up there, held hands and did it. I am so grateful I could do it with her. She is an amazing person. We couldn't have done it without all of Wendi's help putting all our thoughts together. Thanks Wendi. I will miss Grandma and Grandpa so much but am so happy for them that they are in a better place. What a beautiful ending to a beautiful life of love.
"The surest measure of a man or women's nature is the harmony, style, joy and dignity he creates in his family and the pleasure and inspiration he provides for his loved ones."
I love this quote! What joy and pleasure we all have had at their house. You both will be missed.....



9 comments:
That is such a sweet love story...I am so sorry for your loss
Sarah - I am so sorry for your loss! I remember playing games with your grandparents. They were such kind and loving people. My heart is with you and your family!
I have tears in my eyes - what a tender post. I know how close you were to your grandparents, I'm sorry for your loss. But how great for them to be together again so quickly. Very sweet.
I am so very sorry for your loss of two people I know you were very close to. I am happy they are together again and didn't have to spend much time apart. Hope you are feeling comfort in all that we know. Love ya!
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandparents. What an amazing way to go, so close to each other. I enjoyed seeing your family pictures. Glad you got to be with them.
What a beautiful story. It was so sad to hear but such a miracle at the same time. How wonderful for grandpa to be waiting for her there. I am glad that the family was brought together but not under the circumstances. Sure do miss you guys. And remember we love you!
Thank you for all your kind words.
We are sorry for your loss. I was one of the lucky ones because I knew your grandparents. Although it's been years, I still remember how sweet they were. Sometimes it takes something like this to bring families closer together. It's good to hear your family could come together for this. I know you will see your grandparents again and it will be under much happier circumstances. Our thoughts are with you.
Post a Comment