Thursday, November 19, 2009

Veterans day and Jonah

Every year the elementary school honors the veterans. Kiegan's grade got to be the choir this year. I love to see the boys sing and perform. Kiegan did a great job. At the end they announce the names of the veterans and where and when they served and then they all go up and stand in the front. A teacher and playground helper both served. It was so neat when they announced their names because all the kids went wild. I have to admit I got a bit teary. I am so thankful for all the many men and woman who served and currently serve our country so that we can be THE LAND OF THE FREE. Not only them but also their families who sacrifice and share them with us so that they can serve. I am also grateful that our kids are learning to respect the past and the many sacrifices others have made for us.

Jonah had his birthday last week!!!! YEAH!!! He was spoiled by many loved ones and friends. He said it was his best birthday yet. Thank you to all of you who sent your love to him. He decided this year he wanted cheesecake and cookies and cream pie. I thought it was a brilliant idea since I don't like cake much.
HALLELUJAH!!!! I am finally caught up..... I can breathe again now!

1 comments:

PL said...

Happy Birthday, Jonah!!! Hope all your wish will come true! :) Sarah, you're always good in taking pictures. I wasn't even able to find Evan on stage at the Winter concert last Tues! I am serious! :) Really miss you and your sweet family....