So we had Belle's appointment today. Can I just say ultrasound techies are pretty amazing. Even though she is getting bigger and we've had a few now, I still don't see anything close to what they are seeing. Today was the big tell all that we have been waiting for. So drum roll please..............they don't see any major defect to be concerned about right now. That doesn't mean that there won't be a problem in the future or when she is born. It just means that they can't actually "see" anything right now. From the echo they didn't hear anything to be concerned about right now either. They will still obviously be really watching her heart. We will be going in next month to meet with the pediatric heart surgeon at Children's. He will do an ultrasound/echo and see what he thinks also. We will continue going back to Belle's regular doctor monthly for an ultrasound until the 3rd timester then it will be weekly. She mentioned that I had blood spots in my placenta which everybody makes, but I have a rather large one that she is concerned about and will be watching. You better believe that I fully intend to work this to my advantage, less vacuuming, more naps, more foot rubs. :) Everything else with Belle is to be expected. She is a bit smaller than a baby of her age but that's normal. It is such a relief to finally have this appointment behind us. Our next ultrasound is on Feb. 19 so until then we can relax a bit. We will of course keep you all posted if anything changes and also when we see the doctor at Children's. I posted Belle's most current ultrasound with the others at the bottom. She is beautiful. Thank you all for your love and prayers.
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
That's so great that the results were so positive. You go girl for taking full advantage of the blood spot! :) Keep us updated.
Your description of the appointment was SO much better than Tonys. (sorry Tony)
Will you get the 3D or 4D ultrasounds??? I heard those can be real fun but kinda trippy.
I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. We go in waves. It's like 3 nights in a row then 2 months off; rinse and repeat. :)
I don't think we'll get the fancy ultrasounds. Especially since we get them so often. :(
Ha Ha your funny! We do need to get together soon. Maybe like a real double date or something.
Post a Comment