Monday, January 28, 2008

It's fun to be freezing cold, right?





The boys couldn't get enough of the snow. Here they are with the neighbor kids. Their snowball fight lasted almost an hour. I remember those days of playing outside all day in the snow. I never wanted to come inside. It was all they could do to convince me I needed to eat and warm up a bit. Unfortunately for my boys I only like to look at the snow now. I almost despise it now. Three sets of wet clothes, three coats, three sets of gloves, and however many sets of wet socks they decided to wear out. It all takes forever to dry. When you have three times everything my house looks like I have forgotten to do the laundry for a few days. (Which is usually the truth, but I try to hide it) Then on top of that Pepper thinks she needs to be outside with them and when she comes in she has massive snowballs completely frozen and entangled in her hair that eventually melt enough to drop throughout the entire house making water spots EVERYWHERE!!!! UGGH!! In the end it is so worth it to have the boys happily entertained for a few hours. I love seeing their little smiles on their pink frozen faces. And that little boy smell when they come in. You know that mix of being outside and a bit sweaty smell? The best part of all is that I'm nice and warm inside all by myself with my feet up reading a good book. :)






1 comments:

alisha said...

Despite the slight chaos it causes around here, I'm so glad our kids aren't totally missing out on the joy of snow! I, too, remember playing outside all day--building forts, sledding, snowball fights, etc. Fun!