Friday, February 15, 2008

Complaint of the Day

So I know it's no fun to hear people complain but I have to share my complaint. Then I promise I will tell you something good.......
So Tony is taking me out on a hot date tonight. He is so good to me, he even lined up the babysitter and everything. (It's really nice having him teach seminary to half the girls in our ward) Anyways, I am down to ONE single pair of pants that still somewhat fit. If I push them under my belly then they are pretty comfortable until I sit down right. I have some dear friends and family that have let me borrow a few of their maternity clothes. Well, guess what? My belly isn't big enough to hold the pants up yet! Imagine that. I know boo hoo your thinking. I would just really like to look good tonight for my hot husband. You all know me and know that I would complain of this to my hot husband and being the wonderful man he is he would send me off to the store to buy some pants that actually fit. Did I mention he is good to me? So here is the drama.......I go to Target since that's the closest and try on one million pairs of pants. I have prepared myself the whole way to Target to not focus on the size just focus on the fit. (I have to keep reminding myself this the whole morning since I tend to get depressed trying on pants.) I finally decide that I like these two pairs of levis and then these ultra comfortable cotton/spandex black pants. You know the kind with the matching hoodie that feels like pajamas but are sporty enough to wear outside the house. I walk around Target for another hour but I'm fighting myself on the one pair of levis. I really liked how they fit everywhere but the length. I definitely would have to hem them. I am in no means a seamstress but being a shorty I've had to hem a few pairs of pants. Long story short I talked myself out of them and decided that for now I would just buy the one pair of levis and the black ultra comfortable pants. Upon arriving home I immediately put the black pants on. I love them. They are so comfy. I'm still feeling a bit sad about the other really cute levis. But who wants to do a hem job?
Ten minutes later............. I'm trying to get Tate ready for school and straightening up the house a bit for the sitter. And what happens? My pants are falling off of me. AAAHHH!! I can't tie them tight enough to stay "up" on my belly, they just keep sliding down. I want to scream. Not only am I pulling them up every two seconds but now they are stretching out and they are starting to look like pajamas. You know when the knees and the behind get a little loose? I am so sad :( What I really wish is that you could try on pants at the store and then wear them around the store for an hour to see if they are really going to work or not. I refuse to take them back of course because I have now worn them for a couple hours. I am now a bit concerned about my new levis though. I might just accidentally moon some poor bystander tonight on my date. Let's hope not but if I have to keep pulling them up every two seconds I might just scream!!!!!
So there you go my complaint of the day. You have now officially earned the right to hear something good. Yesterday I was in Jonah's class for the V-day party. All the kids were opening their Valentines and getting so excited about them. I love that they think each card was specifically picked out just for them. Anyways, my sweet Jonah would open one card and then rush over to the sender and thank them protrusively. This went on and on. As I watched him I was so proud and touched I literally got tears in my eyes. Eventually a few of the other kids started saying thank you to each other to but I was beaming thinking I did something right with this kid. What a great parent I must be. I wander over and talk to him for a minute and tell him he just made me the proudest mom ever. That I am so impressed with him and his manners and kind heart and then give him a big hug. (To those of you who can imagine Jonah's face with his little lips and deep voice) He turns and says to me with a shrug of the shoulder, "What mom? My teacher told me to."
My heart was crushed. I had such high hopes I had actually taught him something great. But no it's just my little Jonah doing exactly what the teacher told them to. SIGH...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sarah, that was great! lol I'm sorry about the pants. As if trying on the darn things wasn't traumatizing enough! And the Jonah story was classic. I can totally see him saying that. Just remember: Who was it that taught him to listen to his teacher? You. That's right. ;)

melanie said...

I read this Friday and realized I never commented! First, I walked away from my desk practically crying after reading about Jonah. That is too cute and there's no way he learned that from his teacher. I don't care what he says. Second, I think I bought a similar pair of pants...the kind where it's okay to wear in public but they're more comfortable than anything. Third, I think it's awesome that you want to get dolled up for Tony. It was probably meant to be that the date didn't happen and I hope all your kids don't end up sick!

melanie said...

Oh, post what you got from the mall this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

alisha said...

Oh, the pregnant body blues. Good thing it's worth it! And yes--parents should take credit for all the good in their children...and none of the bad! ;) (If only!) BTW--I love the quote at the top of your blog--where is that from?

Jill Hemming Austin said...

You know, maybe big tent dresses aren't such a bad idea...

Reading about your kooky pants and Jonah cracked me up. We just have to keep pulling those pants up and not taking ourselves and our kids too seriously!

Hang in there cutie.

Jill