Friday, July 17, 2009

4th of July

4th of July was great! We celebrated at the Birch's with Mom and Lyle. The kids played on the slip and slide that Grandma Nancy brought. Then Grandpa Lyle helped them fill up the water balloons and launch them. We had a BBQ and celebrated Tate's birthday. That night we did sparklers and then watched the fireworks from Wendi's backyard. It was a great day spent with family and the perfect ending to our trip.

It's always so hard to say goodbye. I don't like living so far away. If I had it my way Wendi and I would be next door neighbors. Maybe someday...... I feel so lucky to have such a great family and even luckier that my sister is my best friend. She is so amazing and is such a great host. It was such a wonderful trip because of all of them. We made lots of really great memories this summer.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

I'm also looking forward to "someday" when we'll be closer. We miss you too. Thanks for starting our summer with BANG!

Lainie Lu said...

It was so much fun!!!!! I miss you to! I wish we did live closer together. Just think!!! Love ya!!!