Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pulling taffy

When I was a little girl one of my very favorite memories with my Grandma Steel was to pull taffy. She would make homemade taffy and then we would pull it until we couldn't pull anymore. It was always so yummy and of course fun because we got to be part of it. While we were in Utah we took my Aunt Linda out to lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Trolley Square. Afterwards we were walking around and came upon a little sweet shoppe that had taffy starters. I was so excited remembering all those times with my Grandma. So of course we had to buy some. The kids pulled and pulled until they were so sticky and tired. It never did harden up like I remember but the kids all seemed to think it tasted fabulous.

Alaina, Kiegan, Ellie, and Jonah


The finished product!

0 comments: