Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas Day 2009

It was so fun to watch all the kids faces as they opened their presents. Santa was very generous this year. I don't know who liked it more us adults watching or the kids. We all were completely spoiled.

I don't think Santa realized how completely obnoxious this toy is though. It really should say on the outside how fun it is if you love really loud carnival music that proceeds to get faster and louder as the time runs out. For some bizarre reason ALL the kids like this one. I thought that maybe it would get old but no no no, they don't skip a day trying to "catch" something.

We played lots of games including Monopoly, (not me I HATE this game), Clue, Trouble, and Scum or Presidents. The biggest hit though was Beatles Rock Band. To the few of you who don't know, I am a little obsessed with the Beatles. Which means I have totally loved every minute of my children wailing to all the songs. We love it so much that a drumstick got broke courtesy of Kiegan. Oops!!

Raven, Jonah, and Bryce jamming out. Amelie very sleepy.

Calder couldn't quite decide if he liked Belle or not. She on the other hand was obsessed with him and wanted to be in his face and grab him constantly. The poor guy. It was a bit overwhelming for him. The plus was that Belle is now crawling on her hands and knees. I'm saying Calder taught her that one. She still army crawls when she wants to go fast though. She also just last week started pulling herself up to standing position. YEAH!!! She is growing up so fast. Thanks Calder for the little boost!
Calder 15 months Belle 19 months
In the end we all had such a great time with the Haymonds and wish they lived closer. We miss you already. We really hope you come again. Thanks for coming!

Kiegan w/Calder, Jonah w/Belle, Amelie, and Tate

4 comments:

Lainie Lu said...

CUTE, CUTE!!!!!! Belle looks so grown up! Love it!

Leslie said...

We got Beatles Rockband for Christmas too! I was going to comment on your facebook, "Thanks for introducing me to them years ago" :)

fancynancy&grandpalyle said...

Cute pictures! Looks like a great Christmas. Fun to be together. Calder and Belle look so cute together. I bet they had fun.

PL said...

hahaha... Sarah... that "catching" toy with the cavnival music was one of the best Christmas gift our kids got two years ago. they just love it, and evan i love it too! :)