Kiegan got to celebrate his birthday twice this year. He first had a birthday party at the beginning of winter break with his friends. They went to a movie and then came back for pizza and dessert. Kiegan chose marshmallow fudge brownies in place of his cake. It was a very crazy bunch of boys and I was so glad that Tony was willing to take them to the movie without me.
On his actual birthday he chose his favorite donuts for breakfast. He opened his presents and was pleasantly surprised to "finally" get an ipod touch. I think he would sleep with that thing if we only let him.
We took him out for lunch and then that night we celebrated again with the Bennett family. New Years was full of fun and good food and of course dessert #3...lemon bars.
I can't believe he is so grown-up. I am so proud of the wonderful young man Kiegan is turning into. He is a great big brother. He is always willing to help and very rarely complains when we ask him to. Belle has him completely wrapped around her finger. And he couldn't adore her more. He has always had a heart of gold that just keeps growing and growing. This year at school he took it upon himself to get trained to work with the special needs kids. I didn't know he was doing this until he told me about his first day. He gives up two of his big recesses a week to go and help them at P.E. I don't know very many boys his age that would do this. He especially loves to work with the little boys who have Down Syndrome. They absolutely adore him. He has also taken on band, crossing guard, and basketball this year. He loves playing his trumpet but hates early morning practice. We often find him awake all hours of the night reading a book. (which makes waking up early for band even harder) He is quite funny and loves to tease his brothers. But best of all he is truly genuine. He is a really great kid. I'm so lucky that he is in our little family. It makes me teary to see him grow up so fast. I couldn't be any more proud of him. Love you Kiegs!



5 comments:
Kudos Kiegan! I'm proud of you too, you're awesome!
P.S. Have you ever read the Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick? I stayed up late last night reading that one. You'd love it. Don't be intimidated by it's 533 pages. 284 of those are pictures. It's like reading a movie!
Happy Birthday kid!!! I always knew that you would make it! (LOL) I am so jealous of you that you got to have doughnuts and SUGAR for breakfast! Maybe i should have my birthday at your house! Love ya and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kiegan you are a great kid and I am so proud of you. I think that is great that you are working with the special needs kids. I bet they love you. I hope you had a great birthday. Love you Grandma
Happy Belated Birthday Keigan. Such a neat kid! I love what a blessing Belle has been to your family - opening up experiences that might not have happended otherwise. It takes a special kid to have such a big heart.
Happy Birthday Keigan. I can't believe you look so much like a handsome young man!!! Bet you would be taller than Sister Kwan very soon! :) haha!!! love you and your family!!!
Post a Comment