Kiegan came downstairs last night and was going on and on about not being able to find his Leprechaun catcher that he made, so what was he going to do? We had to break it to him that Leprechauns aren't real and that it is just a fun thing to pretend. He then went on and on about the kids at school setting out things for him and what not. I told him if he kept it a secret then we could do it. This is what we found when we came upstairs to go to bed. (If you click on the picture then you can actually read the letter they wrote.)
Tony and I aren't green, magical, and have a bucket of gold. But we played the part anyway. We almost couldn't find any candy to put in there shoes but it all worked out and they couldn't have been more excited this morning when they woke up. Strangely even Kiegan. Here's to a new tradition I guess.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Are Leprechauns real?
Posted by The Austin's at 1:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Oh my gosh, how cute is that? That letter is something else...lol And I love Kiegan's excitement even after learning the "truth". So like him. When Bryce was little (maybe like Jonah's age) he made a leprechaun trap with a box and some string that he would pull to bring the box down on the little green guy. Unfortunately, he fell asleep, string in hand. We have a photo to prove it :)
Thanks for the smile!
I love the leprechauns self portrait, some serious skill there. That is a really cute story. Aren’t kids the funniest little people? ~megan
Cute. I was just telling Tony today how I think I'm going to be the boring non-magical creator of holidays. I'm lame. I know. Maybe I'll change!!!
Post a Comment