Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"Mom, it's kind of hard to talk now"

Why is it that losing your two front teeth is so exciting? It's definitely funny looking, but so adorable when they try to talk isn't it? Jonah FINALLY lost his two front teeth. It was definitely a day to celebrate! He has been frustrated that all his friends have lost a ton of teeth and he had only lost his bottom two last year. I kept telling him that his teeth liked him to much to want to come out. He didn't appreciate that. It doesn't help that last year and this year they make this big deal at school if you have lost a tooth. It's very exciting but not so fun to be the only one not losing any. But within 4 days he lost both of them. YEAH!!! He is already trying to get the next ones wiggly. I loved it when he turned to me and said, "Mom it's kind of hard to talk now". If any of you don't know, Jonah is the ultimate perfectionist. It only took him a day though to figure out how not to sound so funny. I am willing to bet he put a lot of effort and thought into it. The "tooth fairy" almost fell through both times though. Thank heavens Tony has early morning seminary and remembered to go get some $$$ for the first one. The next one came to mind around 3:00 am, so there I was counting quarters in the bathroom half awake, definitely not all there. In the end it all worked out. He was only mildly disappointed that he only got $2 instead of $25. We watch My Dad is Better than Your Dad and one kid mentioned just last week he gets $25 for each tooth. I don't know where that tooth fairy is coming from but I was lucky to get a single quarter when I was a kid.
Tate of course thinks it is great that Jonah lost his teeth and now constantly is asking for me to wiggle his teeth. After the one hundreth time of sticking my fingers in his mouth, I finally gave in and agreed that his tooth feels a bit loose. Is this bad of me?

2 comments:

W. said...

Congratulations to Jonah! It's always so exciting to loose a tooth or two! I love the pictures, he is the cutest thing! W.

zrd222 said...

LOL, I totally understand! Fox is soooo bummed that he hasn't lost one tooth and all of his friends have. I hope that he loses his two front ones like Jonah, it is sooo cute! PS: Can you believe how much $$ kids get these days?!! crazy.