Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mind Drama

I just got home from my ultrasound and NST. Everything went great. Belle is doing awesome and growing. She is now 3 lb 5 oz. YEAH!!! I've been so nervous since they have always told me she would come early and then when there was the little scare that she would come too early. Now that it is down to 8 weeks I'm totally freaked out about what early really means. Is it within the next week or so or do I have 4-6 weeks left to go, do I wash all the clothes now or do I wait? Do I make Tony haul up the crib and get it all ready or do I give him a break and wait a couple weeks? This whole limbo thing is killing me. I don't like the unknown. I tried to explain my mind drama to the Dr. today and asked her what she thought and she said because Belle is looking so great and the placenta isn't looking worse, she doesn't think she will come as early as they thought. She mentioned it looks more like 2 weeks early. It was a nice sigh of relief. Then she proceeds to look over the charts and says but I want to start seeing you twice a week. UGGGH!! Lucky me right? So now I will be having two NST's a week, one ultrasound, and my regular appointment also. Three separate times at the hospital. I'm seriously thinking of asking if they have a room to rent. Please don't get me wrong, I love to see Belle every week and of course I don't like surprises. And this should cause less mind drama right? But three days trying to find parking at the hospital, not fun.

Enough about that, I especially enjoyed conference this weekend. I do admit that I find I pay more attention if my hands are busy. I've been wanting to make some really cute burp pads and finally did it. Here are the three different designs I made. I made more of the fabric ones but decided I need to make more ribbon ones now since they turned out so cute. It is on my list of projects to do while Tony is away. He will be gone four days next week and then four days the following also. :( :(

The boys have spring break this week and we are heading to Great Wolf Lodge tomorrow. It's this really great lodge with a whole indoor water park. We are all very excited about it. I'm not so excited about bearing my very prego self to the world. But I am very excited about this little adventure with just the boys before Belle comes. I'll let you know how it went when we get back!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those burp clothes are so great! You are so creative, Sarah. Honestly. Some day when you're not a mother of (soon-to-be) four and ultra busy (so in like 20 years...) you should open up on of those Etsy shops and sell your jewelry and other cute stuff. And what a fun trip you have planned. It sounds like something the boys will just go crazy over. Can't wait to hear about it. I'm so glad you post on here--I love getting all the updates :)

Anonymous said...

Sarah~ Your burp rags are way too cute. You are super talented. It is so good to hear that little Belle is doing good. I completely understand the whole mental stress of when... I always just set things up so that was one less thing that was uncertain. One more thing, I always wanted to ask for my own parking space I was at the hospital so much. I am so excited for you and your family. Little Belle is such a lucky girl to be born into such a wonderful family. I wish we lived closer. Love~ Megan

alisha said...

Oh, the crazy added details/unknowns of pregnancy. I can't imagine having all of those appointments! Yuck! It's good to hear such a positive report from your doctor, though.

Way cute burp cloths, of coarse. I agree, an Etsy shop should be in your future!

I hope you're having fun at the Lodge--I can't wait to hear about it.