Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Manic Monday

I had a very hellish day on Monday and haven't had a second to blog about it. I haven't been able to exercise in 2 weeks because I think I broke my toe. It is only now that I can wear a shoe and it not just kill. It still hurts but not anything like it did before. So Monday I decided I was going to exercise. Of course I didn't take into account that I hadn't for 2 weeks and just went full force. Let's just say I over did it. My legs were a bit sore and of course my toe was to. I hadn't woken up at 6 am to exercise like I usually do because Tony and I were watching Bros. and Sis. and stayed up way to late. I was way to tired. Which of course means then I am rushing the whole rest of the morning. I rushed to get ready, make a grocery list, get a few things tidied up, and Tate ready for school. I have it figured out that if I drop off Tate then run shopping I have 40 min. until it's time for Belle to be fed. So I race through the grocery store like a mad woman trying to get all the million things on my list. If you don't know already, I despise grocery shopping. I mean I seriously hate it with all my being. I sometimes try to stretch things if we are running low until Sat. just so I can send Tony and I won't have to go. I get up to the check out stand and of course stand in a line, which I hate to. She rings all my stuff up and bags it all and I go to pull out my wallet. Guess what? It's not there. I never drive to church and because we had sick kiddos I drove and Tony stayed home with them. Yes, it is still in my church bag. AAHHH!!! Talk about being humiliated. I was so embarrassed. Of course as I'm walking away she pages for a manager to come override on check stand whatever and I feel like a bigger idiot. Thank heavens I only live 8 min. from the grocery store and rush home to get my wallet. I of course have to call Tony and tell him what a complete idiot I am and we are laughing right. Well I grab it and then head back to the store for my groceries and guess what happens? I get rear-ended. Seriously? I was beside myself. I have never ever been in a wreck before. Yes, hard to believe with crazy brother drivers and all those crazy friends I had growing up. (Not you Jenny) I was so mad. The girl acted like it happened to her a million times which was a bit annoying, but she was very nice. Thankfully Belle went straight back to sleep after the impact. Once again I call Tony. I'm sure he and his friends got a good laugh after. We finish up there and then head to the store to retrieve our groceries that have been sitting there on check stand #9 for almost an hour now. UGGHH! By the time we get there Belle is awake and my adrenalin is wearing off and I'm realizing my back and neck are hurting and my head feels kind of funny. I go stand in line once again and as I'm standing there I am willing myself not to faint. Probably not looking so good since the cashier mentioned it. I was seriously a bit worried about driving home. When I got home Belle was starving as was I. I was a bit shaky as I hauled all the bags up the stairs. To top it all off, I open the door to let Pepper out of the room and there was a surprise. But I didn't see this surprise and the door swung over it smearing the throw-up into and across my carpet. Lovely isn't it. I couldn't have been more happy to go to bed and that day to end.

3 comments:

PL said...

oh, poor Sarah... what a rough day you had. i wish i was there to help you pick up and unload the grocery. it's just not easy to do grocery shopping with little ones. make sure you go to the dr. for a check on your neck... and hope you recover soom from the accident! keep smiling since that day was over!!! :)

Jen and Jared said...

Oh my goodness, you poor thing. It sounds like you handled yourself really well though. I think I would've lost it and just left the groceries at the store and then prohibited myself from ever returning there again. I'm happy to hear that nobody got hurt in the accident and that your furry friend left a present for you when you returned home. :) I've had several of those encounters myself. I think my favorite was when our cat got poop stuck to her butt while we were out and then left skid marks ALL OVER our apartment. Holy crap (literally).

DaLynn said...

Ahhhhh, I hate that! Get feeling better!