Friday, March 13, 2009

"Spread the Word to end the Word"

YOU'LL NEED TO PAUSE THE MUSIC AT THE BOTTOM OF MY BLOG TO HEAR THIS INTERVIEW. I promise it's worth it.

I don't normally watch the Bonnie Hunt show but it came on the other day while I was feeding Belle. To my surprise this was the segment I caught. We used to watch Scrubs and would have never thought this man in real life had such a big heart. I to am very offended by the "R" word. I think this is a great attempt and hope that it opens peoples eyes and makes a difference. I love the part where he says, "it defies rational thought to pick on this group, it's a perfect storm of cowardice." It is said so perfectly. Please........pass the word. People don't realize how offending and hurtful this word is. I had a recent experience that I won't go into detail about but it was sent in an email joke to me. Seriously? I don't get why people don't think before doing and saying things. It hurts. Mark your calendars 3/31, Spread the Word to end the Word. Do your part.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great clip. Brought me to tears. I will spread the word to end the word as much as I can. Thank you for posting this, Sarah.

Love ya.
Raven

DaLynn said...

That is fantastic! Thanks for posting that clip!

Birch Family said...

Where can we go to get more info? What can we do?

PL said...

thanks sarah... i hate that word too and will forward this clip to jeannie and hopefully to her highschool friends. this is an abusive word that i often hear in the high school community. love ya!

The Austin's said...

You can go here to get more info:
http://www.specialolympics.org/WGU_global_youth_rally.aspx