We all went up to Idaho and spent a week at my moms house. The kids once again thought they were in heaven with the playhouse/play structure in the backyard. They played out there for hours which let us ladies get some fun projects done. I love love love all my new pillows, thanks Mom and Wendi! I haven't been to Idaho in the summer time for years and was quickly reminded how much I love the breeze and the evenings. I thought for sure that it wouldn't feel like home since it was Idaho Falls instead of Sugar City. But if you have ever heard that saying "Home is where your family is" it is so true. Mom's house is definitely home. :) Grandma Nancy and Grandpa Lyle took all the kids to a movie and a baseball game. They of course loved it. Poor Lyle probably felt like he was working on my car the whole time. He had to replace the brake pads and roters. Which were down to the nothings, I guess metal on metal isn't the best way to stop your car. He did many other little minor fix ups as well. Only by the grace of God did we make it through all the passes on the way to UT and ID. Thank you Lyle for all the work you put into my car and keeping us safe. We also went to a little lake that was the hit of the trip. The water was freezing but the kids didn't want to leave. We were able to see my Dad and Margaret which was really nice because it was the first time they met Belle. After the initial introduction to Grandpa Dal, Belle let him have it. She sure babbled to him on and on. I don't know if she was telling him off or if she was just catching him up. It was pretty funny. All the kids played in the ditch which took me back to memories of when I did the same thing....day in and day out.... The last night at Grandma and Grandpa's we roasted smores. YUM!!! I think Jace is the only person I know who doesn't like a smore. Crazy kid!!! I also got to have lunch with a dear friend Carren, it was so so nice to see her. The trip to Idaho was a success. It is always so hard to say goodbye but I bet Grandma and Grandpa were so happy to have peace and quiet again. Thanks for hosting us and making many wonderful memories with the kids. We love you all!
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Loved the pictures...loved your posts...loved having you in my home. I miss you!
I love yours and Wendi's posts. We had such a great time. I loved it. Looking forward to more fun.
Post a Comment