Kiegan started off our vacation by going to Utah for two weeks. He was spoiled rotten by the Birch's and Steel's. We all missed him terribly at home. We made the long trek down to Utah and were so glad to see him. It was a long 14 hrs..... The dvd player stopped working after 1 1/2 movies. Which meant Belle pretty much screamed the last 12 hours of the ride. She was not happy. Once we got to Utah we had so much fun with all the cousins. My kids thought they were in heaven. It's really to bad we have to live so far away from all the cousins. Speaking of cousins.........We had a lovely BBQ and got to see a few people we hadn't seen for way to many years. Thanks Megan and Jessie for making time for us. I can't tell you how great it was to see you both and your handsome escorts. It was so so nice to catch up with them. I only wish it could have been longer, next time right? We had lots of fun with the Birch's and the Steel's. We goofed off, played night games, went swimming, and ate lots of really good food. Belle learned how to go down the stairs and is slowly overcoming her fear of dogs. (I think she thinks Pepper is a muppet or something since she is the only dog she isn't afraid of) This is the first trip in a long time that no one got sick. I was so HAPPY!!! I was even happier that they have AC there. I realized that I have been spoiled up here in the Great Northwest where the weather for the most part is so lovely. It has been in the 70's since we got home and I am not missing the dry, hot, desert at all. The people yes but not the heat. Belle is loving her cooler climate also.....she does not like to be hot one bit. While in Utah I got to see two dear friends, Jenny my bff from high school and Laura my old roommate and her beautiful new baby. It was so nice to see them to.
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment