I grew up on ABBA and absolutely love love love their music. So when I saw the first previews for the movie as you could imagine I couldn't wait to see it. I haven't been lucky enough to see the Broadway show yet, but the movie made me want to see it even more. Anyways, I went last night with a dear girlfriend to the movie and I absolutely loved it. It was the best movie I have seen for a long time. I did have to force myself to get past Meryl Streep's bad acting/singing but the movie was great. For those of you who haven't seen it, there is a part where the girl asks the mom to come and help her get ready for the wedding. Meryl Streep sings Slipping through my fingers during this. The 5 mins. leading up to this part I was holding the tears in and then when this scene occurred I couldn't hold it any more. I cried my eyes out. (I know not a surprise, I always cry at a good movie.) It was one of those moments though that I realized that I probably won't ever have that moment. Yes, there is a possibility that Belle could get married but most likely not. I will never get to be the mom of the bride and do all the fun stuff that goes along with that. Now please don't get me wrong, I don't often feel bad about this little extra chromosome, but at that very minute I did. It was very interesting though because instantly I thought of my nieces. Especially Alaina and Ellie and how close I am with them. I just hope that I can be the crazy aunt that gets to swoop in and share their special days. I am very thankful for the relationship that I have with them and hope that it stays this way. I am also very thankful for my sweet little baby Belle. I love her so much. I even love that rotten extra chromosome because that makes her who she is.
In the end.....if you love ABBA and a really good laugh you need to see this movie. Remember that I warned you about Meryl Streep though.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Mamma Mia!
Posted by The Austin's at 10:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Oh Sarah~ I don't know if you have read my blog lately but when I read this it made me cry. The things we knew on the other side of the veil make all of the sacrifices here worth while. Okay but I have seen the broadway Momma Mia and loved, loved, loved it. I was so excited to see this as a movie but have yet to get anyone to go with me... long story... Anyways, I am glad you enjoyed it. I can't wait to see it. I heard it was kinda raunchy??? No/Yes??? Talk to you later~ Megan
I'll have to wait to see the movie until I'm more emotionally stable. :) Good to know it got a couple thumbs up from you!
I love that you have a great realtionship with my girls too! You know that you are going to have to live with me during the entire month before each of their weddings! You are just like a mom to them and they're going to need you!
Sarah, you just never know when or with whom you will get the chance to be the "mother of the bride" with. Little story, but I'll be quick. When Shawn and I got married, my mom was not able to go in the temple with me. Your mom was my escort and my mom there. On our wedding day, your mom was fussing all over me (which I loved) and a temple attendent asked if she was my mom. We just looked at eachother and said yes. So don't ever think that you may never have this chance because you just might with a daughter, neice or daughter-in-law who needs your love and support on their special day. I sure did. If you are reading this Nancy, I love you.
Tammy
All of your comments made me tear up again. Megan I totally agree with you and it is absolutely worth it. Wendi thank you for sharing your girls with me. I just wish I had the relationship with all the neices as I do your girls. I hope they still like me when they are old enough to get married. Tammy thank you, thank you, you are right I might just get lucky and have really great daughter-in-laws. :)
Post a Comment