This Saturday was an interesting day to say the least. First of all I decided that I wanted a different piece of furniture in my kitchen. You know for some reason I think I need another space to collect clutter and drive me absolutely mad. Truly I just really wanted a new look there and thought why not? So I bought some paint and found an old piece of furniture that I almost gave to the D.I. last month and went to town. You all know the whole primer, layer, layer, sanding bit. It literally took most of the day but I was so thrilled at the end result. I had to run right out and buy some adorable trays to go on it. I think it turned out beautiful. Here is the overall look and the close-up. I love it with the chalkboard and the clips. (Soon the clips will be holding homework) YEAH!!! That was the Good......
The Bad........Because I'm not very strong and this piece is quite heavy I convinced our dear friends to come over and help carry it upstairs and then hang out. I was just straightening up and decided to do a quick vacuum job just because. I get the majority of the upstairs done and I'm doing the stairs and all the sudden my vacuum pops and dies. I initially thought I had blown a breaker and we tried to plug it in somewhere else. Numerous somewhere elses. No, it didn't start working again. I totally blew up my vacuum. What the heck? I know and now my house is half vacuumed and I have to buy a new vacuum. UGGH!! At this point I am furious and now running like crazy to clean (I clean when I'm mad) before our friends show up. Not 10 min. later I'm downstairs straightening up and Tony comes down and says "Uh.....
The Ugly............. there is something creepy on the clock upstairs." For some unknown reason I asked if it was a bat. To the few of you who know mine and Tony's phobias, this was bad, really bad. I went upstairs and sure enough clinging to the fireplace brick on top of my beautiful clock my mom made me was an UGLY little bat. I have never dealt with bats before and instantly was thinking of all the things it must have touched that I now have to sanitize. AHHH!!! We sent all the kids and the dog downstairs with the door closed and then freaked out. The longer we stood there freaking the closer the time got to when our friends would arrive. We finally decided that neither of us were about to get close to that ugly little rat with wings and called the neighbor. He of course was more than willing to come and save the day. After a little bit of bat shrieking it was over and we tried to relax and enjoy the rest of the evening with our friends. Only to think in the back of my mind where that bat had been and how long it had been in the house.
So in the end I got an adorable new piece of furniture out of an old one, my vacuum blew up and now I have dirty carpets, and we had a germ infested flying rat in our house.
Monday, August 25, 2008
The Good, The Bad, and The Very Ugly
Posted by The Austin's at 8:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Okay, first of all--great job with the furniture! I tried finishing a desk and chair once a couple years ago. The desk got done, but the chair and desk drawers are still unfinished ;) Yours turned out super cute.
Secondly, I am so shocked that Tony didn't just grab that bat and show him who's boss! lol Yeah right. He and I both inhereted that gene. Ewww.
Give kisses to the boys and Belle for me!
The Good--it looks great. You have a great eye for design and great skill to go with it.
The bad--no fun, no fun.
The ugly--Yikes! I've never had to deal with a bat either, thankfully. I'm glad your neighbor came to the rescue.
OMG to think I was there the night before!
Post a Comment